Career Overview: I am process-oriented multi-discipline leader with experience in high technology businesses, including general management, product development, strategic planning, project management and marketing, in software, computer hardware and semiconductors.
Goal: Contribute directly to the efficiency and growth of a small to medium size business, either independent or captive, yielding a significant improvement in valuation.
Dosho Design Inc. (2007-Present) Director of Marketing and Sales
Marketing and Sales for startup/turn-around physical fitness equipment manufacturer. Responsible for direct marketing program. Launched web selling program using the Internet to deliver infomercial content to prospects. Traffic is driven to website by a combination of rich media Internet banner ads and DRTV advertising. Website uses a revolutionary selling concept instead of order taking.
· Web Auction Brokerage, Inc. (2000-2007) President -- Self funded start up web business that sells high tech equipment through web auctions like eBay. Designed, developed and maintained database driven proprietary eBay software selling system. Annual run rate is $250K.
(2000-2001) Interim VP Product Development --
Responsible for hardware and
software development in security environment. Concurrently managed development
· One Touch Systems, Inc. (1999-2000) Management Consultant -- Management consultant reporting to CEO. Filled in for several key management positions while hiring full time management personnel in software QA, hardware engineering, and software engineering. Assumed role of V.P. Strategic Planning during last year of engagement.
· AutoGate Logic Inc. (1998-1999) Interim CEO -- CEO of $5M privately held CAD Software Company. Closed $2M in new business during first 90 days in position. Culminated in acquisition by Actel in Q4 1999.
· Actel Corp. (1998-1999) Interim Software Product Manager -- Interim marketing software product manager for new integrated DeskTop design environment for Actel field programmable gate arrays. Managed third party development of system to manage software licenses for the DeskTop system. New software went from 0 to 5000 licensed users in two quarters.
· Actel Corp. (1997-1998) Software Project Manager -- Software project planning and management for new families of field programmable gate arrays. Delivered company’s first ever on time release of new product family software.
Entegrity Solutions Inc. (1996-1997) Interim Software
Development Manager -- Interim
software development manager for security software company with development
Incites Ventures LLC,
· Partner (1996-1998) -- Partner with Gunnar Hurtig III in private venture capital firm.
· Incites Manager (1996-1998) -- Software design and maintenance of proprietary Incites software tool. Design, authoring and maintenance of Incites web page.
Director Custom Engineering, iPower Group (1995-1996)
Managed custom engineering projects in security software group. Designed and implemented advanced on line product development process. Managed ISO 9001certification process for the group resulting in recommendation for certification on first audit.
Director, Strategic Planning Group (1993-1995)
Co-developed, implemented and documented on-line version of the Strategic Assessment Process (now Incites Process) with Gunnar Hurtig. Introduced Strategic Assessment Process to all National Product Lines, creating a base line strategic position and a list of critical action items for future success for each product line.
General Manager, C&C Group (1991-1993)
Obtained funding for and managed internal Telecom end product startup group using both internal and external product development and marketing resources.
Director of Total Quality, C & C Group
Managed cycle time reduction activity across all Computers and Communications Group fabrication and assembly plants world wide. Managed and facilitated pilot National product development process improvement projects and authored National Process Improvement Process Handbook.
General Manager, ASIC Division (1987-1990)
General Manager of ASIC Standard Cell Product Group. Redirected CMOS standard cell business toward array generators and logic synthesis while maintaining profitability. Implemented several mixed signal standard cell products using CMOS analog cells.
VP & GM, Microcomputer Products Division (1984-1987)
Started National Portland (
Group Director, OEM Microcomputer Products
Consolidated all National board level products into one profitable business that reached $50M.
Product Line Director, Memory Systems (1978-1980)
Grew DEC compatible memory business from $0 to $30M in 5 years, maintaining double-digit profitability throughout the growth period.
Marketing Director, Systems Division (1977-1978)
Performed all marketing activities for IBM mainframe add-on memory business.